SCREEN SHOTS

All screen shots shown on this blog are from the game Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V)... BETHESDA Game Studios... and were captured by me.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

planting a tree...

One of my most pleasant and rewarding quests was a trip to the Eldergleam Sanctuary to find the means to revive the Gildergreen/Goldergreen tree in Whiterun.  I have always been in awe of the glorious nature around us and of the true Creator's touch. 

Upon seeing the plight of this wonderful tree I set out to discover its story.  This quest first took me to a place inhabited by a coven of witches and a rather powerful Hagraven atop Orphan Rock to obtain the evil looking blade... Nettlebane.  Danica, of the Temple of Kynareth, related to me that I needed this blade as the only way to approach the parent tree (the Eldergleam)... its sap being required to revive the tree in Whiterun.  I had a very hard time imaging myself sticking any tree with this foul blade, for whatever reason. 

Upon arriving at the sanctuary, I was immediately enchanted with the serenity and beauty of this fantastic paradise and the grandeur of the magnificent Eldergleam.  How could I perform such an injustice to this regal looking tree?  Thankfully, after a few tentative swipes at the Eldergleam's roots, Mauice Jondrelle, a pilgrim accompanying me on the trip, suggested another possibility. 

Not wishing to further harm the tree, I listened.  Mauice prayed in front of the tree.  In answer to his heartfelt prayer the Creator provided us with a sapling. 

I returned to Danica with the sapling, and when she finally agreed to it, the sapling was planted to replace the original tree in Whiterun.  It now grows and blooms... a presence of future glory.

The sapling of the Eldergleam

No comments:

Post a Comment