SCREEN SHOTS

All screen shots shown on this blog are from the game Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V)... BETHESDA Game Studios... and were captured by me.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

sad news...

Not too long ago,  I was made Thane to the Hold of Whiterun.  This honor was bestowed upon me because I eliminated a dragon that was harassing the city of Whiterun.  One of the perks for such a position was my own bodyguard (Housecarl)... Lydia. 

Lydia was very aggressive, immediately attacking anything that was a threat to me and only remaining by my side (or behind me) when I specifically told her to "wait here".   I really should have been more careful, but on an adventure into an abandoned mine, she pushed her way ahead of me to fight someone I had already engaged in combat.  One massive power attack (from me) to her back ended her life.  Filled with shame and guilt, I very slowly made my way back to Whiterun (some of the slow moving could have been partially due to lugging all that extra gear and booty Lydia had been carrying).

I believe it may be best never to have another follower.. putting only myself at risk.  At the very least I will re-think what follower to have along with me... perhaps one who excels with ranged weapons may be a better alternative... while I handle any melee.  Or simply, when necessary, rely on conjured creatures/weapons and/or other spells.  Perhaps a pack-mule, to help carry everything, would be a better choice... leaving them outside (tight fitting places) and exploring on my own.

Lydia following me through some very cold water.
(She never complained... she needed a bath anyway.)

No comments:

Post a Comment